Introduction to Rare Stamps
Rare stamps are an investment that has performed strongly and consistently, no matter what geo-political or economic surprises the world has seen. Rare, investment grade stamps have risen steadily and surely in value.
No one can go back and print a new, authentic 1840 Penny Black. Errors that were missed in the early 1900’s cannot be reproduced today. This provides protection of the product and prevents supply manipulation. The price of rare stamps is determined by investors and collectors around the world paying top prices for these items.
Stanley Gibbons Ltd., the world’s leading stamp experts, has created two indices, the GB30 and the GB250 that are followed by professional money managers through Bloomberg Financial. The GB30 Index reports that rare stamps grew by 74.9% in the last six years, and have shown a compound annual growth of over 9.06% for the last 40 years.
Balancing a portfolio with rare stamps takes extreme expertise. ASI and Stanley Gibbons can give you just that. Stanley Gibbons offers a lifetime guarantee of authenticity on their stamps. We are committed to the profitability of your rare stamp portfolio and you can rely on over 150 years of experience and skill in appraising, buying, maintaining and selling rare investment grade stamps.
Download our FREE Rare Stamp Guide:
The above charts are the GB250 Rarities Index (left) and the GB30 Rarities Index (right)
Why Invest In Rare Stamps
- Rare stamps have stability. Since records have been kept (beginning in the 1800s), rare investment grade stamps have shown reliable growth and minimum fluctuation.
- Published growth of 74.9% in the last six years along with compound growth of over 9% over the last 40 years.
- Diversify into rare stamps to balance the equities, bonds and precious metals in your portfolio.
- Rare stamps from Stanley Gibbons and ASI are purchased and held in British Pounds.
- Stanley Gibbons does not charge for their services while you are holding your portfolio. Their profit, along with yours, depends on the appreciation following the purchase.
- Portfolios starting at £15,000 (approximately $25,000)
- Portfolios are stored in climate controlled vaults in either the Channel Islands or Hong Kong.
- Available exit strategy after one year (recommended holding period of at least 5 years).
5 W’s of Rare Stamps
5 Steps to Investing with Rare Stamps