Precious Metals Storage
Storing your precious metals in storage facilities may actually be preferred when you acquire a significant amount of precious metals. You will need extra space, security, and insurance, which can all be found in ASI’s multiple referral facilities. Compared to other precious metals dealers, ASI has developed numerous relationships with a wide variety of storage facilities in which you can store your precious metals. These relationships allow us to offer you the freedom to choose the ideal location for your metals based on the features that are most important to you. In addition to a host of domestic storage facilities, ASI has partnered with numerous offshore facilities. Some clients may prefer offshore storage in order to diversify their assets across borders, along with the added layer of privacy and potential tax-free benefits. With offshore facilities in nearly every corner of the world, ASI is able to offer one of the most diverse selections of storage facilities for our clients.
ASI’s trusted referral facilities have met or exceeded the most stringent security requirements in the world. Multiple domestic and offshore storage solutions are available for you to choose from to best ensure your storage needs are met. We offer domestic storage in New York City, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Dallas, and Delaware, and offshore storage in London, Zurich, Singapore, Toronto, Australia, the Cayman Islands, New Zealand, the UAE, and Hong Kong.
Continue reading to learn more about opening an account with ASI, or give us a call at 800-831-0007 to speak with an ASI representative who can assist you with your precious metals storage needs.
ASI Precious Metals Direct
ASI Precious Metals Direct (ASIPMDirect) offers seamless management and storage of your precious metals domestically and abroad. We offer a wide range of storage facilities in five countries. New York City and Salt Lake City are available domestically, and London, Zurich, Singapore, and Sydney are available internationally. When you purchase precious metal via ASIPMDirect, you can have it stored at any of the previously mentioned storage locations that are offered for that specific product.
Your metal is fully insured at all times and can be withdrawn and delivered to you with a few clicks of your mouse. We offer low storage rates for your metal (0.7% per year on gold, platinum, and palladium, and 0.8% per year on silver), and you pay the same rate regardless of your storage location.
On ASIPMDirect, you can purchase any of our metals for delivery. The platform will update you every step of the way, from order confirmation to your package being shipped. You will also receive a tracking number for your package. If you had previously decided to store your precious metals, delivering those metals has never been easier. This is a great strategy if you are building up small amounts of a particular product over time. No need to call your depository and fill out paperwork. Simply click 'deliver' next to the items you want sent out and follow the prompt. The system will show you the charge for delivery up front. If delivery is what you need, our options are there to fulfill them.
The largest online precious metals market, BullionVault now cares for over $2 billion worth of property belonging to investors from 175 countries. In gold, it outweighs all but the four largest ETFs listed in North America, giving you direct ownership of physical bullion in your choice of London, New York City, Singapore, Toronto, or Zurich. Full allocation is proven in public each day, verifying all client holdings against the independent vault operators’ bar lists.
Users buy and sell as little as 1 gram at a time of metal held in securely vaulted Good Delivery bars. This guarantees the quality of your bullion, and it eliminates the fabrication costs carried by coins or small bars (unless and until you opt to take possession). Using your PC or smartphone, you can set your own bid or offer as you choose, with full control 24/7. Dealing fees start at 0.5% and fall quickly for larger investors. Insured gold storage costs 0.01% per month ($4 minimum). Simple account set-up takes just a few minutes, and BullionVault prides itself on great customer service.
Live phone or online support is open until 3:30 PM Eastern time each weekday. A full member of the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) and partner of the World Platinum Investment Council, BullionVault has received two Awards for Enterprise from Queen Elizabeth.
Global Gold offers 100% allocated, non-banking storage from their secure vaults in Switzerland, as well as other international locations. They can purchase bullion bars and coins of gold, silver, platinum, and palladium for their clients, but an in-kind transfer of your existing metals can also be arranged. They offer a wide variety of key features, including:
- 100% non-bank solution
- Outside of the banking system, with no dependence on functioning stock exchanges or banks.
- 100% direct and unencumbered ownership
- Metals owned directly with no counterparty risk or exposure to creditor obligations.
- 100% free of Valued-Added Tax (VAT)
- Switzerland carries a 7.7% VAT on all “white” metals; however, when purchased and stored with Global Gold in Switzerland, there is no VAT on the purchase of these metals.
- 100% insured and audited
- Your metals are insured for full value against fire, water, fraud, theft, and burglary. Internal audits performed monthly, and the main audit is completed by one of the “Big Four” international auditing companies.
- 100% promptly deliverable
- Your metals can be delivered, picked up, and sold promptly in Switzerland or internationally. There are no fabrication-related delays or costs.
- 100% high-security storage
- Recognized and specialized companies run the state-of-the-art security infrastructures.
- 100% free of cash settlement clauses
- Global Gold is not subject to cash settlement clauses or other provisions that restrict you from prompt delivery or sales of your metals.
- 100% quality bars and coins
- All bars and coins are sourced from internationally-recognized mints, refineries, and wholesalers, guaranteeing their quality and authenticity.
- 100% competitive pricing
- The pricing offered on purchases, sales, and storage are highly competitive with any comparable allocated solution.
- 100% Swiss
- Global Gold is a 100% Swiss company under Swiss law and jurisdiction, where great respect is paid to personal property.
Goldmoney is the world’s largest precious metals-backed payment and savings network, safeguarding nearly $2 billion in assets for more than 1.5 million clients across 150 countries. Goldmoney’s proprietary online platform enables clients to buy, earn, or spend gold, silver, platinum, palladium, digital bearer-assets, and nine national currencies. Clients may use a variety of funding methods to purchase bullion including bank wires, credit cards, PayPal, AliPay, WeChat Pay, or even cryptocurrency. All bullion assets are fully reserved and allocated in high-security and insured vaults across seven countries (Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, the U.S., the U.K., and the UAE). All vaults are operated by leading private vault operators, including VIA MAT, Brink’s, G4S, Malca-Amit, Rhenus Logistics, and the Royal Canadian Mint.
Goldmoney offers a wide range of tools that enable clients to fully utilize their precious metal savings. At any time, clients may easily sell their precious metals, redeeming funds to their bank accounts, in physical form via SchiffGold, or to a Goldmoney Prepaid Card®. The prepaid card allows users to directly spend their gold savings with ease in U.S. dollars, Great British pounds, euros, or Swiss francs. Clients can also send and receive instant precious metal payments to and from users as well as businesses that accept Goldmoney without charge.
Goldmoney presents economical storage fees, ranging from 0.01% to 0.085% per month depending on the precious metal. To reward clients who transact more frequently through their Goldmoney Holdings, Goldmoney offers a storage credit program to help clients offset their monthly storage fees through buy and sell orders.
As a publicly listed and regulated company, Goldmoney offers the highest level of security and safety to clients. In addition to their own vault audits, their vault providers audit clients’ allocated holdings and reconcile this with Goldmoney daily. Goldmoney is also audited by KPMG quarterly.
International Depository Services Group
International Depository Services (IDS) Group is the largest privately held U.S.-based precious metals storage and logistics solution for the bullion market. IDS Group offers segregated, all-risk insured storage and distribution services for institutional investors, IRA custodians, sovereign mints, bullion banks, wealth managers, and private individuals. With three full-service locations in Texas, Delaware, and Toronto, IDS’ parent company has vaulting operations that boast state-of-the-art security, privacy, and efficiency.
IDS’ parent company has expertise in managing bullion inventory that has been developed over decades (since 1976). The company now manages inventory in over 20 worldwide locations. Each IDS depository location offers best practices and security procedures in precious metals storage and distribution. IDS Group also has many logistics partnerships in place, offering storage in Singapore, the Cayman Islands, New Zealand, Switzerland, and many others. IDS Group’s proprietary and secure VaultDirect™ online portal allows clients to access their holdings, manage transfers, direct shipments, view itemized and custom reporting, and otherwise manage their stored assets at their convenience. IDS Group depositories are LBMA associates, and IDS Delaware is a COMEX and ICE approved location for all four of the precious metals futures markets.
Call us at 800-831-0007 for more information about fees and how to set up a storage account at IDS Group.
New Zealand Vault
New Zealand Vault is a privately-owned precious metals storage specialist with state-of-the-art facilities, including a large bullion depository located in downtown Wellington.
New Zealand Vault provides an ideal offshore storage solution:
- Provides geographic spread for clients wanting to store in a very safe and remote location far from the world’s troubled spots.
- New Zealand is a democratic and politically stable country, largely independent of major powers or influences, and therefore may be less likely to be affected by U.S. or European Governments’ responses to economic turmoil.
- Large treasury-grade bullion depository fitted with world-class security systems.
- Provides additional security and control for storing gold and platinum bullion in a high-grade safe within the depository. Silver is stored in cages or pallets also within the depository.
- All bullion is insured, fully allocated, and segregated.
- Clients retain control of access to their bullion through an independent auditor who will act on behalf of the client for all deposits, withdrawals, and audits required.
- No sales tax (GST) payable on precious metals that meet minimum purity standards.
- Simple and seamless online process to open an account, coupled with a friendly customer support team.
- If clients are ever in New Zealand, they are most welcome to visit the Wellington vault and view their bullion.
The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint of Australia boasts two flexible and secure investment and storage solutions to help safeguard your wealth. Each solution is designed to satisfy the particular investment needs of our broad range of customers. Regardless of the choice you make, all solutions provide you with the universal benefits of:
- Security of an exclusive government-guaranteed precious metals storage program.
- The Perth Mint’s exclusive guarantee comes with the added surety that every ounce bought is 100% backed by physical gold, silver, or platinum. With the largest precious metals refinery in the Southern Hemisphere, The Perth Mint refines, manufactures, and stores an extensive range of products.
- A choice of storage solutions:
- Allocated gold and silver
- Pool allocated silver
- Unallocated gold, silver, and platinum
- Ability to convert from unallocated and pool allocated metal to allocated bars and coins at any time.
- Flexibility to take physical delivery of your precious metals upon request.
- Transaction confidentiality provided by secure administration and trading procedures.
- Peace of mind that your assets are secured in the most extensive network of central bank grade vaults in the Southern Hemisphere.
Strategic Wealth Preservation
Strategic Wealth Preservation specializes in the secure storage and acquisition of precious metals for investors who are seeking a premier offshore storage solution located in the Western Hemisphere.
SWP is a purpose-built precious metals storage facility located in the Cayman Islands and is considered to be one of the premier precious metals storage facilities in the world. Independently owned and privately operated, SWP is the best and closest offshore storage option for North American investors seeking to internationalize their hard assets. They are also an approved storage facility for self-directed precious metal IRAs.
SWP provides clients with fully allocated, segregated, and insured secure storage of their physical gold and other precious metals. Clients retain direct and complete legal ownership of their precious metal holdings while they are in the facility.
Transcontinental Depository Services
Transcontinental Depository Services (TDS), LLC is a state-of-the-art depository that provides clients transparency, accessibility, insurance, and security for their precious metals investment. TDS has a number of locations across the world, including the U.S., Canada, Switzerland, and Singapore. The U.S. depository is conveniently located in Las Vegas, Nevada, on the TSA protected grounds of McCarran International Airport. Las Vegas’ consistent weather provides limited business disruptions and McCarran’s advanced security is one of the leaders in domestic and international aviation.
TDS is a subsidiary of A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc., a publicly-traded company on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, (AMRK). A-Mark’s global reach generates over $6 billion in revenue annually.
Benefits of storing with TDS:
- High level of security
- Provides third-party product verifications
- Full-service logistics
- Regular accounting and auditing
- Experienced staff
- Confidential and private
- A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc. boasts a legacy of over 50 years