Free silver storage is back! Starting November 1, 2016, receive free storage for unallocated silver.
Perth Mint Certificate Program
Financial experts agree; precious metals are essential to make sure your portfolio adequately safeguards your purchasing power. We believe you must own a combination of precious metals, both in your physical possession and offshore, to accomplish the goal of protecting your wealth. The Perth Mint offers gold, silver and platinum bullion with the added convenience and protection of offshore storage in their Perth Mint Certificate Program (PMCP). This program is:
- The world's only government-guaranteed program of its type.
- The PMCP is permitted in a variety of holdings including Personal, Joint, Corporate, Trust and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs).
- Low minimum purchase requirements are $10,000 (USD) to open an account and $5,000 (USD) for additional purchases.
- No import or export duties on precious metal in Australia for non-residents.
- FREE storage for unallocated Gold, Silver and Platinum
- Less than 1% per year storage for Pool Allocated Silver
- Worldwide Delivery and Redemption.
- Global Network of Approved Dealers.
- Overseas relationship is with a government vault, not a foreign bank.
- The Perth Mint's records utilize code number to ensure client confidentiality and security.
- A minimum precious metal (gold, silver or platinum) purchase of $10,000 (USD) is required to open a PMCP account. This can be held in multiple Perth Mint Certificates or in different precious metals.
- Additional purchases are a minimum of $5,000.
- There is a $50 certificate fee for each metal purchased.
- Certificates are mailed registered, return receipt via USPS for $10 (domestic) or $20 (international).
Documents required for a Domestic order:
- Completed PMCP Application Form.
- Photocopy of a passport AND bank statement. (Address must match application address)
- A company/entity may purchase a PMC. Please call 1-800-831-0007 to receive additional instructions.
If you have any questions on these instructions please, contact ASI anytime.
Commissions are as follows:
- Commission to Purchase – The commission to purchase is the Perth Mint spot price plus 2.25%.
- In addition, for the Allocated Pooled Silver only:
- Fabrication fee is $0.10 per ounce, assessed at the time of purchase.
- Storage fee is .95% per year of the value of the silver stored - billed at the end of each 6 month billing period (June 30th or December 31st).
- Commission to Liquidate – The commission to liquidate is the Perth Mint spot price minus 1.25%. This covers ASI's and The Perth Mint's commission.
- Should you choose to have the proceeds of a liquidation wired, a $30 wire fee will be assessed and we must collect complete wire instructions. Checks are issued and sent at no charge.
- If you choose to liquidate only part of your holdings, a new certificate will be issued for the balance and costs $50.
- Certificates are mailed via USPS registered, return receipt mail for $10 (domestic) or $20 (international).
Storage Fees for the Perth Mint Certificate:
- Unallocated Gold, Silver and Platinum storage is Free.
- Pool Allocated Silver storage is 0.95% per year.
- Allocated Gold storage is 1% per year.
- Allocated Silver storage is 1.95% per year.
- Allocated Platinum is not available at this time.
Steps To Complete Your Perth Mint Certificate Application
STEP 2: Make certified (see Required Documents) copies of your IDs, passport AND bank statement.**
STEP 3: Scan and email all applicable documents to your Preferred Client Relations representative. You may also fax them to 301-881-1936.
STEP 4: Wire funds to ASI via our wiring instructions
STEP 5: Contact your representative to confirm the accuracy and completeness of your documents and to make any adjustments.
STEP 6: Mail all of the originals and copies of IDs to ASI (once approved) to:
1700 Rockville Pike, Suite 400
Rockville, MD 20852
**If your name does not match on both documents, please call about additional required documentation. For the related forms and checklist, please call us at 1-800-831-0007 or send an email to email@example.com.